In episode 6 of the Stories of Modern Work Podcast, I spoke with Mr Joel Oleson a Microsoft MVP and Senior IT Manager at Blizzard Entertainment as our guest to share his experiences and thoughts on Office 365 as a Modern Work tool.
You can listen to the podcast here.
Here are some key points we discussed in the episode.
- Joel shared the genesis of Office 365. The story about how it all started!
- Office 365 Feature Release cadence (inner ring and outer ring) and how to deal with ever changing product suite.
- Feedback on Office 365 message center and roadmap.
- Targeted Release vs Standard Release – Which one should you be on?
- Modern Work is about taking the advantage of the tools and technologies today to work the best you can right now!
- OneDrive for Business – File On-Demand is changing the way users think about the cloud file storage.
- OneDrive for storage limits.
- Setting up Information Architecture using Hub Sites, Managed Metadata, User segmentation using location based metadata classification.
- Guidance on how to deal with out of the box limitations in Office 365 Apps and Services.
- Usage of the Power Platform starting to pick up and users are already getting some business value.
- Guidance on InfoPath Form migrations.
- Strengths of Office 365 when compared with other similar SaaS products.
- Easy of using Microsoft Stream
- Guidance on branding Office 365 Apps.
- Windows Edge using Chromium browser engine will bring in the possibility to use browser extensions to enhance UX of Office 365 users.
- Guidance on Yammer vs Microsoft Teams
Links mentioned in the episode: https://collabshow.com/2019/01/07/how-to-get-unlimited-onedrive-for-business-in-a-nutshell/ https://github.com/SharePoint/PnP